హోమ్

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Synopsis from John Gray – Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

Most of us are like that. This is comment made by authors wife to author in a conflict moment.



She said, "John Gray, you're a fair -weather friend! As long as I'm sweet, loving Bonnie you are here for me, but as soon as I'm not, you walk right out that door."



At that moment I started to realize the real meaning of unconditional love. I had always thought of myself as a loving person. But she was right. I had been a fair -weather friend. As long as she was happy and nice, I loved back. But if she was unhappy or upset, I would feel blamed and then argue or distance myself.



That day, for the fast time, I didn't leave her. 1 stayed, and it felt great. I succeeded in giving to her when she really needed me. This felt like real love. Caring for another person. Trusting in our love. Being there at her hour of need. I marveled at how easy it was for me to support her when I was shown the way. How had I missed this? She just needed me to go over and hold her. Another woman would have instinctively known what Bonnie needed. But as a man, I didn't know that touching, holding, and listening were so important to her. By recognizing these differences I began to learn a new way of relating to my wife. I would have never believed we could resolve conflict so easily.



TIME TO CHANGE I GUESS. Think of this. Hope this avoids some embarrassing moments of your life. And this does not only apply with your spouses, this applies to your loved ones and friends too…

No comments: